Like a hike in the woods with a seasoned naturalist, this book takes you on a journey into the world of owls. It explains how to tell them apart, how they live, where they live, and the most interesting, down-to-earth details about their lives. Packed with photos that capture the beauty and intrigue of owls, this book will answer your questions about the owls that you see . . . and help you find the ones you haven’t seen.
Owls of the North is a feature-rich handbook to all our northern owls.
- *Range Maps showing worldwide distribution
- *Quick “Bird Nerd” facts about that owl
- *Sidebars on every spread highlight facets of owl biology
- *Over 90 color photos illustrating behavior, habitat, flight, nesting, etc
- *Photos of juveniles for every species
Stone Ridge Press, 2007
88 pages, 7-inches x 6-inches
softcover $16.95, ISBN-13 978-0-9760313-4-5
|SPECIES INCLUDED:Short-eared Owl
Great Horned Owl
Great Gray Owl
Northern Hawk Owl
N. Saw-whet Owl